Women aged 16-39 years are image-conscious, educated and like to communicate often.
Forty-one per cent of this audience group actively keeps up with latest fashions and forty-five per cent wear clothes noticed by others. Thirty-two per cent of these women say they want to stand out from the crowd.
Seventy per cent use social media as one of the multiple ways that they stay in touch, while seventy five per cent love to text when communicating on their mobile.
These women consider education important with fifty seven per cent intending to study to help advance their careers. In the past 12 months, forty nine per cent of this group is undertaking study/course work.
On weekends these women visit shopping malls, restaurants, cafés, parks & gardens. Activities throughout the year focus on clubbing, going to the gym, theme parks and camping. Music concerts at major venues are also likely to be on the agenda.
Attitudes towards Outdoor
on large billboards
- 56% notice brand advertising on large billboards
- 51% can’t help notice advertising on buses
- 48% can’t help notice advertising around the airport
- 58% travel to work by car
- 25% travel an hour or more each day
- 24% use the train
- 23% take the bus
- 79% own a smart phone and 42% use it to access the internet
- 52% own a credit card (36% spend more than $1000 per month on it)
- 41% purchased clothing/accessories online in the past month (69% spend less than $100 a week on online shopping)
Source: Nielsen Consumer & Media View Metro Survey 10 2012 (Jan-Dec12) ;
Base: people 14+ and (outdoor advertising really stands out or usually notice) 4,961,000 people