People aged 35–54 years are focused on and influenced by their children.
They like pursuing personal hobbies in their spare time with a large portion having an interest in cars and 1 in 5 working on a car themselves. They also enjoy a beer, with 41% trying international brands.
Forty-one per cent of this audience group would like a complete career change.
For people aged 35–54 years, weekends are spent shopping, going to restaurants and helping kids with schoolwork. Throughout the year they are likely to work on their own home and attend agricultural-style shows.
Attitudes towards Outdoor
- 60% are heavy Outdoor consumers
- 58% notice brand advertising on large billboards
- 46% can’t help notice advertising around the airport
- 47% can’t help notice advertising on buses
- 64% travel by car (alone or car pool)
- 14% take the bus
- 27% travel an hour or more
- 79% own a smartphone (via their mobiles, 1 in 5 run their business from it and 48% are always contactable for work)
- 69% own a credit card (46% spending $1000 or more per month on it)
- 54% eat takeaway at least fortnightly (15% have home delivery at least every two weeks)
- 27% intend to purchase a laptop in the next 12 months
Source: Nielsen Consumer & Media View Metro Survey 10 2012 (Jan-Dec12) ;
Base: people 18+ and (outdoor advertising really stands out or usually notice) 4,635,000 people