People aged 18–54 years are time-poor and on the run. Mobile usage and the wish to change careers are more prominent within this audience group.
On weekends they go shopping, visit cafés, restaurants and bars/clubs or go to the gym. Other activities throughout the year include; study/course work, kids’ schoolwork, theme park visits and rock/pop concerts.
Children influence the shopping experience of this audience group, who spend more when the kids come along.
Attitudes towards Outdoor
on large billboards
- 57% notice brand advertising on large billboards
- 49% can’t help notice advertising on buses
- 48% can’t help notice advertising around the airport
- 62% travel by car
- 27% travel an hour or more each day
- 23% use the train
- 59% own a credit card (40% spend $1000+ per month on their card)
- 54% are intending some sort of renovation on their house in the next year
1 in 4 intend to purchase a car in the next 12 months (44% intend to purchase a used car, 41% a new one)
Source: Nielsen Consumer & Media View Metro Survey 10 2012 (Jan-Dec12) ;
Base: people 18+ and (outdoor advertising really stands out or usually notice) 4,635,000 people