Men aged 25–54 years are family focused, while still making time for their own pursuits.
Forty six per cent of this group help their kids with schoolwork and thirty seven per cent keep an eye on their children's eating habits.
Many of this group describe themselves as car enthusiasts and would like to own an aggressive vehicle, but also enjoy working on cars themselves.
Men aged 25–54 years enjoy drinking beer in social situations. They believe there is a health benefit to drinking beer and enjoy trying varieties from overseas. In the past 12 months, seventy four per cent of this group have partaken in some form of gambling.
On the weekends they can often be found out and about in restaurants, pubs/bars and sports arenas.
Attitudes towards Outdoor
- 67% are heavy Outdoor consumers
- 58% say large billboards capture their attention when driving
- 50% can’t help notice advertising around the airport
- 47% can’t help notice advertising on buses
- 70% travel by car (alone or car pool)
- 30% travel an hour or more each day
- 23% use the train
- 17% take the bus
- 72% own a smart phone
- 67% own a credit card (45% have spent $1000 in the past month on it)
- 52% have drunk beer in the past month – of these drinkers 18% drank Corona, 17% VB and 17% Carlton Draught
- 28% intend to purchase a car in the next 12 months – 37% intend to purchase a Toyota, 25% a Holden and 21% a Ford
Source: Nielsen Consumer & Media View Survey 10 2012 (Jan-Dec12) ; Base: people 14+ ; index vs. people 14+