The AB group is cultured, socially responsible, financially secure and career driven.
This group has spent time the last 12 months visiting live theatres, art galleries, museums and churches. Fifty two per cent admit they like the finer things in life and seventy three per cent enjoy a glass of wine with their meal.
Forty four per cent of the AB group has done volunteer work and fifty six per cent feel they have a responsibility for the poor.
Forty three per cent of this group feels financially secure and one in three would describe themselves as being affluent. This group has a sense of importance with sixty seven per cent saying that people take their opinions seriously and fifty nine per cent saying that their work is a career not just a job.
On weekends they can be found visiting cafes, shopping malls and the supermarket.
Attitudes towards Outdoor
- 64% are heavy Outdoor consumers
- 57% notice brand advertising on large billboards
- 53% can’t help notice advertising around the airport
- 49% can’t help notice advertising on buses
- 56% travel by car
- 29% travel an hour or more per day
- 23% use the train
- 74% own a credit card (33% have spent $2000 or more in the past month on it)
- 53% are planning an Australian holiday in the next 6 months (Melbourne, Sydney and the Gold Coast are the top destinations)
- 51% have travelled domestic in the past 6 months, while 49% have travelled internationally in the past 12 months
- 19% intend to buy a home in the next 12 months, 11% are intending to sell
Source: Nielsen Consumer & Media View Metro Survey 10 2012 (Jan-Dec12) ;
Base: people 18+ and (outdoor advertising really stands out or usually notice) 4,635,000 people